Monday, June 20, 2011

A bit about myself and the blog

I've been posting about my misadventures as a hosehead over at cpaptalk ever since they started back in September 2010.

Shortly after starting CPAP I developed major insomnia triggered by the sensory overload of sleeping with a hose on my nose. Since I've dealt with insomnia off and on my entire adult life I was not surprised that starting CPAP led to as many sleep problems as it was designed to fix. But the depth of my crash and burn in Fall 2010 was spectacular and I quickly became "the regular" at CPAP who was dealing with severe insomnia. As a way of helping myself cope, I also started writing long posts to other new hoseheads who were clearly in danger of having the same kind of problems with insomnia that I was dealing with. Eventually a poster over there by the name of Janknitz suggested that I consider writing a blog entry with stuff that was appearing in post after post to my fellow members of the CPAP&Insomnia Club. That material now appears in the Taming the CPAP Induced Insomnia monster tab on this blog.

For now, that's my main purspose in the blog: To give me a web-link that I can type instead of copying and pasting the whole essay every time I see a person who needs some help with ideas on how to deal with their little baby insomnia monster. Or occasionally those whose insomnia monster is as big as mine had gotten by December 2010.

I hope eventually to also add links to the more important chapters of my own story somewhere on this blog page. Probably as part of the About Me tab since that makes sense tome.

At any rate: To any who stumble on my humble blog, I bid you welcome. And if you've stumbled across this blog because you, too, are fighting CPAP Induced Insomnia, I bid you a sad welcome to the CPAP&Insomnia Club.

3 comments:

  1. While not a member of your "club," it is good to see you share your journey. I hope it helps many people who end up walking in your footsteps.

    HoseCrusher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apprciate your time and energy in sharing your experiences in regards to cpap and other medical issues. Thanks bunches!

    Bucky from cpap forum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apprciate your time as well as also energy in sharing the experiences in regards to CPAP and additionally additionally different healthcare problems. Thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete